Sunday, December 18, 2011

Friends & Christmas Spirit

Way back in 2002 when I found out I was pregnant with my first daughter, I sought pregnancy information online.

It was then I stumbled upon msn chat rooms. It was there I created my own chat room and hosted it constantly with the help of unmentionable people and met A LOT of people.

Some turned out to be men.
Some turned out to be crazy.
Some turned out to be fakes, liars, & trolls.
Some turned out to be real.

Those that were real, turned out to be amazing.

Amazing friends.

I have formed a close bond with them since 2002 and I couldn't imagine life without them.

We have endured lots of adventures together. We have helped each other through premie babies, miscarriages, premature labor, family deaths, and infant loss. We have stuck by each other through thick and thin. We have lost a few a long the way, but only the true ones have hung on.

There were times in the past 9 1/2 years that I didn't get a long with most of these women. What happens when you get a large group of women together? There's bound to be a cat fight and we have had our fair share, but no matter what we have stuck together. I haven't always felt as "in" with them though. Kind of like the little black sheep of the family. An outsider you could say.

After this weekend, I have to say I feel more loved & wanted than ever.

See, these ladies know everything. They are who I go to when I need to talk, cry, vent, anything. And they are always there to pick me up.

They have been with me through my rough patch with Larry. Through my shocking and totally unexpected pregnancy with Vanessa. Custody battles with Branden's egg donor. Our places of employment shutting down Loosing our house to foreclosure and having to move away and leave it behind. And this year not having money to give my kids a Christmas. They have been there by my side. Some even going through similar situations.

Friday we took Branden to meet with his grandparents for their Christmas at another family members house. Then I went back to my BFFs house because we had plans to go do some stuff.

Upon arriving at her house I was confused when her husband stood and started recording a video with her cell
Phone and she kneeled in front of me.

With her first line of words I cried. She told me how everyone knew we were going through a rough time and that we didn't have the extra money for Christmas. My wonderful group of friends all got together and pitched in and pooled together $400 for us to shop for our kids.

These are women I have NEVER met. Except for my friend who presented this to me.

I. Was. Floored.

I never thought anyone payed attention to me. I never thought they really cared. And I never would have thought they would have done something like this for me. Me of all people.

I still have no words. There are not enough thank you's in the world to express my true thanks.

I will be forever thankful for this. And it goes down as a Christmas to remember. Thanks to you, my spirits have been lifted and my kids will be amazed.

I love each and every one of you and your friendship is one I hold dear.

People should be jealous of our group. We are pretty amazing.

5 Comments:

ethansmommy1 said...

Dawn :
I have told you before I love you and I can HONESTLY say I DO!!!
We are FAMILY no matter what any one says!!! no not by blood but by another SPECIAL bond that no one can take away from us! ANY OF US IN THE GROUP!!!!
My family and I wish you the BEST of MERRIEST CHRISTMAS'S OF ALL TIME!!!

KimP said...

Uggh I cried again. I told you I don't like crying! Love you Dawn and the rest of these heffas.

Naomi said...

We do care and we do love you!

Crystal Gibson said...

We all love you and care for you a great deal. I am so thankful that we were able to show it in a way that could bless your family during a time of need. You know I loves me some Dawn!!!

Dreama said...

They say you can't pick your family. They are wrong! I picked you girls a long time ago! You are my family and my world would be a sad one without you! I can speak for everyone when i say we were ecstatic to do this for your kids...after all they are our kids too!

Post a Comment

Hello There! Thanks for visiting!! I appreciate your comments to my posts! Hope you have a great day! :)